I love my Gramma!
Last night, I slept on my gramma's lap. Tugging onto her frail legs like a normal grandchild would, I slept like a baby. A sweet old lady that she is, she patted on my body like she would when she's trying to make my baby cousin go to sleep. I felt so loved. I confess I have not been spending time with her lately. And I would blame it on work but not myself. Shame, shame shame. Everytime I look at her affectionate face, I will remember all those times she carried me in her arms when I was younger and how I hid away from her when she called out my name. And how she loves KFC's chicken so much she doesn't even bother to pull out her fake teeth. And how she kept running after me cause I simply can't sit still. She's always there for us. She cooks good food, she washed our dirty clothes when she stayed over, she loves 'minyak kapak' and somehow loves sniffing it. She's just a lovely person to me.
My gramma's getting older this moment. She's getting sick more often, her legs getting weaker day by day yet she's still this same strong-willed person that I knew. I wish I have more time to make her happy, just like how her face brightens up whenever her grandchildren visited her at 'Nenek's Place'. I know she must have been lonely eversince my grandpa passed away. Most of her grandchildren(including me) have not been visiting her as often as before due to work n school commitment. But she's lucky my mum and aunties often accompanied her at home.
I want to make her happy.. I hope I can. Happy Advance Mother's Day to my nenek! You're The Greatest Nenek Ever!

12 Comments:
the sad thing about celebrating mother's day in singapore is the one fact that its too commercialised.
the best gift would be to kiss your mum every day, every morning in every month.
happy mother's day. :D
*sob*
I MISS MY GRANDMAAAA!!!
*sob*
its great to have a special bonding with grandmothers.
lucky you..:)
used to have though..:(
aku sedih mengenangkan storie kau ini. aku teringatkan arwah nenek aku. dan ini menyedihkan aku. aku amat sedih. dan terlebih sedih lagi.
dats me! me very sad!! pamper your grandma okay!! aku nak gi toilet gi nangis meraung jap!!!
lucky girl coz u're nenek is still around. spend more time with her aite ;)
if my arwah nyai is still around i would be definitely manja2 with her like tt *sobs* so miss her so much..
girl! i miss my nenek too...
lucky her now in melbourne.
but tadi she trunk-call aku.
sebak hatiku tak terhingga.
*sob*
nak ne-nekkk...
oit. that was me ler.
-1/7 of us named fah-
i miss my late grandma too!
errmmm... makes me think of my grandma when i read ur post... its been a very long time since i see her... early march i think...wow... dats 2 months.. thanks for reminding me to visit her... mayb this weekend... i miss my grandpa too!! miss his unfunny jokes... guess its the age gap... hahah...
kau nie buat mummy buyong so sad lah babe...muahahhahaa....so touching tau
Sometimes, we tend to be too busy to enjoy the love she has given all this while.. I hope I had enough time to let her enjoy life like those moments she had made mine.. She's a gem.
awww...it tis about time i pay my grandma a visit :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home